A hacker group calling itself CyberLeek has spent the days since Aug. 18, 2026 dumping Grand Theft Auto VI material onto its own website, and it says it won’t stop until Rockstar apologizes.
The haul so far: a new two-minute gameplay clip, UI, the wanted system, a full map reveal and a pile of vehicle reveals.
The material is almost certainly real. It keeps getting pulled down, and anyone who reposts it eats a DMCA strike on YouTube. That’s not the response a studio gives to fan-made fakes.
The odds this is AI slop are very low. We’ll know for certain on Aug. 27, 2026, when the official reveal lands on Netflix.
Why they say they’re doing it
CyberLeek isn’t asking for money. The group says Rockstar has broken what it calls gaming’s commandments and deserves to be punished for it, and it has published its own edict laying out how it thinks every developer should operate.
Part of that edict reads: “CYBERLEEK was born in the networks. It has seen what gaming can be at its best, and it has watched what the industry did to it. Slowly. Methodically. One monetization scheme at a time.”
It continues: “Publishers sell licenses and call them purchases. They ship unfinished games and call them living services. They lock content on discs and call it DLC. They kill games and keep the money. Every year anti-consumerism tightens its grip, and every year gamers get less for what they pay.”
The three demands
The list is short. “Commandment I: Thou Shalt Not Sell Digital Preorders.” “Commandment II: Thou Shalt Not Sell Fake Single-Player DLC.” “Commandment III: Thou Shalt Preserve Single-Player Content.”
And the threat attached to them: “These three commandments are the floor — not the ceiling — of what is acceptable. If publishers violate them, they will be targeted. CYBERLEEK will continue to disrupt their operations until they issue a public statement and apology with a concrete commitment to fix the harm they caused.”
The group has said it plans to leak more content every day.
Rockstar’s answer, so far, is silence
No official statement has come from the studio. What has come is a steady stream of takedowns and DMCA strikes, which reads like a company that wants these leaks buried so it can run its marketing plan into launch without interruption.
The ball is in Rockstar’s court, or Take-Two Interactive‘s. I’d put the chance of either one meeting a single demand at zero.
Thirteen years of waiting, and now this
Consider the timing. It’s been almost 13 years since the last GTA game, the official reveal is days out, and the release itself is only months away. GTA VI has felt like it’s been delayed more times than Star Citizen.
The finish line is right there. And a chunk of the fan base decided it couldn’t wait through the last stretch.
What you do with it is your call
You’ve got an official reveal on Netflix in days and unofficial leaks showing up daily. Avoiding the leaks and meeting the game clean on launch day is the sensible play, but nobody’s policing your feed.
Me, I’ll keep busy with Marvel’s Wolverine and The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time remake in the coming months.
None of this is going to dent the launch. GTA VI is the most anticipated game of the decade, and leaked footage doesn’t change that math.
November 19. That’s the date I’m circling, and the one CyberLeek is racing.